Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDoW PortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fall_Line
Division Leader - Captain
Fall_Line

Time Zone : PST

S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A Empty
PostSubject: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:58 am

This is my first attempt at tactics and strategy, and is really just my opinion based on the games I've played so far. I want to build up a topics for each objective. Please add your comments and experiences on each topic, and I will try to add items to the maps as appropriate.

S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A Sver_s10

Attack Routes:

1. This is my favourite route of attack on this map, S.V.E.R. very rarely have anyone guarding the rails that go underneath the objective. So flanking in this manner allows you to get very close to the objective before breaking cover. Also if you have snipers in your squad they can follow and go to sniping spots (4. and 5.) from there they can cover your break for the objective, as well as protecting the objective once you have taken it.

2. and 3. Both routes have a lot of cover but they also have a lot of open areas to cross and are nearly always well guarded.

Friendly Sniper Positions:

4. This is a tower that is close to the area where the paratroopers are dropped. This has good sightlines to the back of the objective and the routes that S.V.E.R. have to take from their spawn point.

5. You can reach the top of this roof by jumping of the tower (4.). As with the tower it has good sightlines to the objective as well as more options to protect advancing troops on routes 1. and 2.

6. The bridge is a good place to snipe from as it has a lot of forward protection, that can be shot through. The big downside to this position is that it is quite easy for advancing S.V.E.R. troops to get to your flanks and kill you, so it is best to only use this position when the objective is taken.

7. Similar to 6. in this position you can be easily caught out by advancing S.V.E.R. troops, again it is a good position to help defending the objective once it has been taken.

Enemy Sniper Positions:

8. This is the most common sniper position on the bridge, they have a good view of any attacks up the middle.

9. As with 8. you can often find snipers here taking out anyone attempting to get up the stairs on this side of the objective.
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

Time Zone : EST

PostSubject: Re: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:22 am

Great job with this...I like path one as well. It's great if you can get a whole squad to follow you (WALKING!) so you can sneak right up on them. They can't defend against an entire squad rushing A.
Back to top Go down
https://dogsofwar.forumakers.com
captainjapan
Clan Member - Sergeant First Class
captainjapan

PostSubject: Re:maps   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:08 am

hotdog_fingers wrote:
Great job with this...I like path one as well. It's great if you can get a whole squad to follow you (WALKING!) so you can sneak right up on them. They can't defend against an entire squad rushing A.

Hotdog...
I really liked the Map, and comments, for S.V.E.R... I also wondered if there has been any of these done for BFBC2, and if not, can one be done for the BC2 games. I find it could be very useful to have this print out next to all of us as we campaign. Unfortunately, BC2 as I can see only have a Map in the HUD view, and not a large one you can page to while playing. Am I missing something? These map pack downloads are just for the HUD correct? I will look at some of the sites to see if I can't get a map to print out...
Like at planetbattlefield.com (dedicated to everything BFBC2)
Anyway...to you and everyone, any thoughts on this?
cap999
Back to top Go down
http://www.mindthetracks.com
captainjapan
captainjapan

PostSubject: maps   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:10 am

Fall_Line wrote:
This is my first attempt at tactics and strategy, and is really just my opinion based on the games I've played so far. I want to build up a topics for each objective. Please add your comments and experiences on each topic, and I will try to add items to the maps as appropriate.

S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A Sver_s10

Attack Routes:

1. This is my favourite route of attack on this map, S.V.E.R. very rarely have anyone guarding the rails that go underneath the objective. So flanking in this manner allows you to get very close to the objective before breaking cover. Also if you have snipers in your squad they can follow and go to sniping spots (4. and 5.) from there they can cover your break for the objective, as well as protecting the objective once you have taken it.

2. and 3. Both routes have a lot of cover but they also have a lot of open areas to cross and are nearly always well guarded.

Friendly Sniper Positions:

4. This is a tower that is close to the area where the paratroopers are dropped. This has good sightlines to the back of the objective and the routes that S.V.E.R. have to take from their spawn point.

5. You can reach the top of this roof by jumping of the tower (4.). As with the tower it has good sightlines to the objective as well as more options to protect advancing troops on routes 1. and 2.

6. The bridge is a good place to snipe from as it has a lot of forward protection, that can be shot through. The big downside to this position is that it is quite easy for advancing S.V.E.R. troops to get to your flanks and kill you, so it is best to only use this position when the objective is taken.

7. Similar to 6. in this position you can be easily caught out by advancing S.V.E.R. troops, again it is a good position to help defending the objective once it has been taken.

Enemy Sniper Positions:

8. This is the most common sniper position on the bridge, they have a good view of any attacks up the middle.

9. As with 8. you can often find snipers here taking out anyone attempting to get up the stairs on this side of the objective.

Hi, can this type of map be done for BFBC2
Back to top Go down
Fall_Line
Fall_Line

PostSubject: Re: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:15 am

Unfortunately I don't have BFBC2 so can't really help you with this. These maps for M.A.G. were made available by Zipper on Flickr, for anyone to download. I have no idea if DICE or EA have/would do anything similar.
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:13 am

There are maps...EA has posted them...but let's only discuss MAG here. Please post in the BC2 forum about those maps. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
captainjapan
captainjapan

PostSubject: Re: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:40 am

hotdog_fingers wrote:
There are maps...EA has posted them...but let's only discuss MAG here. Please post in the BC2 forum about those maps. Thanks.

oops... I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:44 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A   S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A Empty

Back to top Go down

S.V.E.R. Sabotage - Objective A
Page 1 of 1