Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDoW PortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are you planning to buy this game?

Go down 
+14
mrLATTIRE
Killophile
Dragmantic
LLunatixL
Oregonian-Ninja
captainjapan
whatsit2yah
na_na_na_batman
starbug666
lucasicool
Zokoro
Spiff1426
xChelseaSmile
hotdog_fingers
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Are you planning to buy this game? I_vote_lcap59%Are you planning to buy this game? I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
No
Are you planning to buy this game? I_vote_lcap5%Are you planning to buy this game? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Undecided
Are you planning to buy this game? I_vote_lcap36%Are you planning to buy this game? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

Time Zone : EST

Are you planning to buy this game? Empty
PostSubject: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:01 am

Who's planning on getting MoH?
Back to top Go down
https://dogsofwar.forumakers.com
xChelseaSmile
Clan Member - Sergeant First Class
xChelseaSmile

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:11 am

Anyone who isn't is crazy.

2 diff companies making a reboot to an awesome series..

I'm PUMPED man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/axblissfulxsuicide
Spiff1426
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private
Spiff1426

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:12 am

Don't know yet, the past games haven't impressed me to much. But if it turns out to be like allied assault you can count me in!
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:40 am

It looks like they are putting a lot of work into this one...I think it could be a sleeper hit.
Back to top Go down
https://dogsofwar.forumakers.com
xChelseaSmile
xChelseaSmile

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:41 am

Yeah i have a feeling it'll become the best FPS on the new consoles.
Back to top Go down
Zokoro
Clan Member - Private First Class

Time Zone : Sarcastic.

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:15 am

Allied Assault, that was the one that was developed by the 2 founders of IW, right?

Anywho, as I said in the CoD section, I'll wait until more info is released on the game.
Back to top Go down
lucasicool
Clan Member - Staff Sergeant
lucasicool

Time Zone : Eastern Standard Time

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:06 am

looks like bc2 without destrruction... so pretty much a larger scale MW2
Back to top Go down
starbug666
Clan Officer - Colonel
Clan Officer - Colonel
starbug666

Time Zone : GMT London UK

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:08 pm

I have said no, but will wait to see first. I was never a fan of MOH series, and after MW2 in which I don't like either, I am still looking at staying with BF.
Back to top Go down
na_na_na_batman
na_na_na_batman

Time Zone : GMT

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:18 pm

i used to like MOH but found COD much better then when i went on BC1 found that a whole lot better than COD.

i might buy the game but it depends on how good it looks closer to release.
Back to top Go down
whatsit2yah
whatsit2yah

Time Zone : pst

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:37 am

"i might buy the game but it depends on how good it looks closer to release"

me too
Back to top Go down
captainjapan
captainjapan

Time Zone : PST

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:11 pm

It's a wait and see for me...
I've had earlier MOH's, as well as, COD. I'll have to see what the trailers look like and what the Multiplayer engines are like. Hell, I can't see past BFBC2 for anything else right now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mindthetracks.com
Oregonian-Ninja
Oregonian-Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:02 pm

For me it's all about the gameplay. Don't quote me on this, 'cause it's just a minor hunch, but it seems like, when rebooting the a series such as this, they will go for a reasonably conservative approach, I can't imagine (although it's entirely possible I'm wrong) that the storyline will be brimming with originality, although in many ways I can envisage it feeling creatively fresh.

Assuming this is true, I figure that it's the levels and their feel (plus the all-important multiplayer) that will be the deciding factor (as in all fairness, for a whole bunch of people it is in all games).

For example the trailer I saw just reminded me of "Black Hawk Down" (regarding the phone conversation, etc.) reworked to the tune of recent titles (eg: CoD: MW2). I mean, Battlefield: BC2 'kinda tapped a new vein in some ways with their unit-based, darkly comic format, and CoD: Black Ops. is at-least avoiding the SEALs or a Taskforce 121 derivative, going instead for SOG. While MOH seems to be mirroring other videogames with it's "large military" and "tier 1" perspectives.

Who knows though? Maybe I'll be totally blown away. I hope that I am, that after I've played it I'll be forced to eat my own words. ^^

Don't get me wrong, I think the game's 'gonna be solid, and in many ways innovative, just in terms of storyline not sure how impressive it'll be.
Back to top Go down
xChelseaSmile
xChelseaSmile

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:18 am

I'm not buying this game.

I was going to but I've learned my lesson.

EA is a garbage company. I am not supporting them and spending 70$ on a game so that it'll lag 24/7 and render it unplayable.

The ONLY way I'm going to buy it is if nobody on the EA forums complains about lag. If I see people talk about it, I'm totally passing.
Back to top Go down
starbug666
Clan Officer - Colonel
Clan Officer - Colonel
starbug666

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Does that mean you are not liking BFBC then Chealsea? BF was laggy the other day but I have never really had much problem. I thought MW2 was bad all the time myself!
Back to top Go down
xChelseaSmile
xChelseaSmile

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm

MW2 is lagless. The only time it lags is if someone from like israel is hosting. (host migration fixes it instantly). But BC2 is virtually unplayable.

I'm not the only one either, there is thousands of people signing petitions and spamming EA forums begging for fix, because the lag is so horrible.

The servers are a mess, and EA is to concerned with making DLC instead of fixing the problem which SHOULDN'T happen since we paid 60 dollars.

The game itself is brilliant, but the servers make it unplayable 90% of the time I sign on.

EDIT: also it's been happening since a month after release. however it's been way worse the past ...1-2 months.

And it seems that the majority of laggers come from canada/USA(East coast). I don't know why, but the servers we are joining are horrid.
Back to top Go down
Oregonian-Ninja
Oregonian-Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Quote :
EDIT: also it's been happening since a month after release. however it's been way worse the past ...1-2 months.

And it seems that the majority of laggers come from canada/USA(East coast). I don't know why, but the servers we are joining are horrid.

I agree that BC2 has been lagging more over the last while, but it doesn't seem to be as bad for me as you describe. Then again, I'm in Europe, so perhaps that contributes. Anybody else from the UK 'wanna verify, experiencing many problems?

MW2 (online) however seems worse over here (if you had no problems), so it's a trade-off for sure. Shame.

You think EA is 'gonna fix or remedy their failures somehow?
Back to top Go down
LLunatixL
Clan Member - Sergeant
Clan Member - Sergeant
LLunatixL

Time Zone : PST

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:15 am

Its a maybe for me if enough people in DoW pick it up i just might.
Back to top Go down
xChelseaSmile
xChelseaSmile

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:00 am

I personally don't think EA will do a single thing to fix it. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Dragmantic
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private
Dragmantic

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

Idk enymore about buying it.. With EA...lag lag and more lag..
Back to top Go down
Killophile
Clan Officer - Colonel
Clan Officer - Colonel
Killophile

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:14 am

I loved the series and imagine this one will be even better. Fav was MoH airborne.
Back to top Go down
mrLATTIRE
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private
mrLATTIRE

Time Zone : US Eastern

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:18 am

If I like the beta then I'll be getting MoH instead of CoD BO. I'm still 50/50 on Socom 4, I want to see multiplayer first before I make a decision on that one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1235138448
hydropottimus
hydropottimus

Time Zone : central

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:37 am

I just got the beta today. I had a pretty good time. Got one freeze up after about an hour of play. The death glitch is pretty annoying, where you freeze up and then die when you feel you should have got at least a few shots off at the other person. I'm assuming this will be fixed but I'm still planning on renting it first.
Back to top Go down
mrLATTIRE
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private
mrLATTIRE

Time Zone : US Eastern

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:14 am

I don't think I'll be buying MoH. It's nothing new. If I have some extra money after buying Socom 4 and Gran Turismo 5 I'll consider buying it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1235138448
starbug666
Clan Officer - Colonel
Clan Officer - Colonel
starbug666

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:53 am

I am saving for Killzone 3
Back to top Go down
xXMinimikeXx
Clan Member - Corporal
Clan Member - Corporal
xXMinimikeXx

Time Zone : Eastern US

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:03 am

Ive played the beta. its a cool game. its definetly not like mw2 where you die every like 30 seconds... but, its not like bc2 with the squad stuff... im not going to reserve it, but ill buy it after like 4 days if i hear good things. thats what i did with bc2 and it worked out... very weelll...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you planning to buy this game?   Are you planning to buy this game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next