Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDoW PortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First Impression

Go down 
+6
Carentan68W
lax2guy2
hotdog_fingers
Killophile
lucasicool
dchialum
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dchialum
Brigade Leader - 1st Lieutenant
dchialum

Time Zone : CST

My First Impression Empty
PostSubject: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 pm

So after waiting all day I finally get on the Beta and my first impression, MoH is a souped up, suprcharged MW2 with BFBC2 destruction 2.0. The gameplay was fluid & flawless for the most part (though that may be attributed to only having about 400 players online so as their wasn't any strain on the server.)

Playing the rush version for the most part, the maps are probably about 3/4 the size of BFBC2 maps and not the killbox size of MW2. Not being the best FPS player there is, I was sort of having a extremely hard time at first being killed across the map by AK's & M16's until I realized that I was playing agaisnt a lot of developers who had already unlocked all of the attachments and mods for the weapons.

The only downsides I encountered were not being able to exit from a game at all (the start button funtion would not work for me) and 4-5 times my game locked-up after I hit a certain controller combination.
Back to top Go down
lucasicool
Clan Member - Staff Sergeant
lucasicool

Time Zone : Eastern Standard Time

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 pm

hmmmm i have a few weapon attachments after playing for a while
Back to top Go down
Killophile
Clan Officer - Colonel
Clan Officer - Colonel
Killophile

Time Zone : EST

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Im not yet sold, ive played for two hours and have yet to NOT have the game lock up on me. It seems it was almost personal cause everytime Id have 3 or 4 enemies lined up, they'd give me the 1 kill then lock me up with the image +10 enemy killed.

The"mission" level is where its at, the other is just MW, run in circles hope not to get shot in the back.

Oh wait Ive gotta restart my PS3, AGAIN...
Back to top Go down
dchialum
dchialum

Time Zone : CST

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:49 pm

From the look of the MP, I think that the single player might be really aces. But who buys these games anymore to play offline?
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:54 pm

i don't thats for sure...I need to go to gamespot today and wrestle a code out of them.
Back to top Go down
https://dogsofwar.forumakers.com
lax2guy2
Clan Member - Private First Class
Clan Member - Private First Class
lax2guy2

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:48 am

Eh it sounds like MW: black ops. so it seems like were just gonna have alot of repeat games coming out. /sigh
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:19 am

I'm going to be playing later...maybe some of us can get together and play.
Back to top Go down
Carentan68W
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private

Time Zone : -6GMT Central (America)

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:11 am

I only played for about 30 minutes last night, but I'm already highly impressed. I think I'm going to have to live on this beta for a while.
Back to top Go down
LLunatixL
Clan Member - Sergeant
Clan Member - Sergeant
LLunatixL

Time Zone : PST

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:19 am

at least spray and pray works Mad
Back to top Go down
xChelseaSmile
Clan Member - Sergeant First Class
Clan Member - Sergeant First Class
xChelseaSmile

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 am

So are the controls as bad as BC2 or do they work more like MW2?

Meaning do you spin fast, and have good accuracy, or do you crawl around sluggishly unable to go prone and struggle to even turn around. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/axblissfulxsuicide
LLunatixL
Clan Member - Sergeant
Clan Member - Sergeant
LLunatixL

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:59 pm

no prone.
Back to top Go down
na_na_na_batman
na_na_na_batman

Time Zone : GMT

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:02 pm

it seems ok so far however it freezes every 5 mins forcing me to restart my PS3.

also its real glitchy on me so far and everytime someone shoots in my general direction it locks up on me until im dead or they stop shooting.

the controls are dreadful.
Back to top Go down
LLunatixL
Clan Member - Sergeant
Clan Member - Sergeant
LLunatixL

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm

yea can barely finish a match b4 it crashes.
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:01 pm

This game is definitely fun and need to play more of it especially with clan members to make a decision about getting it....BUT...it is virtually unplayable now with the all the crashes and lock ups. I got the red dot and it's a huge help...makes the game more fun to play. But every time I get a good streak going, the game freezes up my PS3. Hopefully they can iron out some of these bugs soon or the beta is going to be a joke.
Back to top Go down
LLunatixL
Clan Member - Sergeant
Clan Member - Sergeant
LLunatixL

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:11 am

it reminds me of cod way too much albeit its fun i have a feeling bc2 will still take it when i have to pick the shooter to stick to.
Back to top Go down
na_na_na_batman
na_na_na_batman

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 pm

i agree with you their luna Smile

the american holographic (red dot) sight is aweful to use, i dont like it very much.
its a rare occasion i finish the game so i cant even get points to unlock other things Sad

what comes after the rocket strike anyway?
i was on a spree and got enough points to get the next thing however it crashed before it told me what i had just unlocked to use Sad
and i would have also gained enough points to level up Sad
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm praying that they fix things for the open beta starting today. It's hard to unlock things when you can't even finish a game!
Back to top Go down
na_na_na_batman
na_na_na_batman

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:22 pm

i agree their, im lookin forward to unlocking my LMG but you cnt unlock it when it requres an extra 500 points to unlock and it taes about an hour to get 10 points thanx to bein unable to finish a game.
Back to top Go down
Lostsaint18
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private

Time Zone : USCentral

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 pm

hotdog_fingers wrote:
Hopefully they can iron out some of these bugs soon or the beta is going to be a joke.

It is better that they are running a beta to iron out the issues rather than pulling a MW2 and releasing the game for paying customers to beta test in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Killophile
Clan Officer - Colonel
Clan Officer - Colonel
Killophile

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:31 am

Even after the fix its buggy to no end, im sure it will get better but Ive been dissapointed. Seems everyone is playing Kabul City which IS essentially MW.
Back to top Go down
hotdog_fingers
Clan Leader - General
Clan Leader - General
hotdog_fingers

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:27 am

Yeah, what's up with that? The mission mode is what I'm interested in...why does everyone like that MW2 style? There's no teamwork there. It is still buggy, but at least it's playable. It would also be nice if it would save your settings so you don't have to change them every damn time.

It seems like everyone has better weapons than me and takes me out with one bullet...is it just me or is it way too easy to die?
Back to top Go down
na_na_na_batman
na_na_na_batman

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 am

it takes a fair few bullets to kill me however the second they start shootin in my general direction the game freezes on me until they stop shooting (when i die or they reload) of which has took 1 guy a whole 30 bullets b4 i died cos he couldnt shoot very well.

when i go on mission mode their is few glitching for me however 95% of the time their is no 1 on for me to play with forcing me in the lobby by myself Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Impression   My First Impression Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Impression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dogs of War :: GAMING DIVISIONS :: MoH DIVISION-
Jump to: