Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDoW PortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
someperson0529
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private

Time Zone : GMT -6

A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes   A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:11 pm

So, I just had a quick suggestion as the title says. Last night for the op, I really enjoyed playing the Pistols, Knife, Grenade only thing. I think it could be useful to have some sort of thread which lays out specific game mode types, like a Pistol only sort of thing.

For example, last night could of been Conquest Deathmatch, where each team just holds their respective outside nodes. (A and C) Then everyone fights over B in the middle, making for some good private deathmatch fun. OP's could be given the game mode type so that everyone knows what to expect.

The game modes would be optimum for playing from private matches, where we normally have only 4v4 - 8v8.

Then in addition to the game mode, "modifiers" could be stated, like pistols only. (Or PKG Only, etc.)

Could give us a way to add some interesting variety (Medics only, Recon only, etc. could be interesting.) and while challenging us to use new tactics which could help for Gamebattles and all that.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, for games with 5 or 6 players on each team, it is nice to have everyone stay out of a squad, that way everyone can chat over the "No-Squad Chatroom."

I think laying these things out before-hand could prevent some confusion in game, and let people know what to expect. Ah well, thats my 2 cents.

EDIT:
Also, the class specific modes would restrict to the classes items. No all kit stuff like shotguns and the USAS-12. So Engineer only would be a match with submachine guns and rocket launchers. Could have an all-kit mode, where we can only use the shotguns and g3, etc.
Back to top Go down
volkamper
Clan Member - Private
Clan Member - Private
volkamper

Time Zone : CST

A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes   A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 pm

I like the idea of having some limitations on classes and primary weapons. But to be honest after the second pistol match I was ready for something different, just not a huge pistol fan i guess.

I think it'd be fun to have recon vs. assault or engineers vs. rambos. Or even one primary weapon in a particular class vs. a different primary weapon in the same class. I think matches like this would be good for getting a better feel of the capabilities of the specific classes and weapons. I know there are some classes that I just don't use either because I'm always trying to win, or because I'm just not good at being an engineer, this would give people a chance to work on things outside their typical comfort zone.

I do think that there would be logistical problems if people join late or don't get the message, but those could be worked out in game.
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion - Clan Game Modes
Page 1 of 1